Pages

Mar 4, 2010

The Key To Treasure Hunting Success!

I'm asked all the time, what my favorite metal detector ? Or another good one is, how did you find all that neat stuff? Lets answer these one at a time.
# Favorite Machine - I've had lots of favorite metal detectors but first and foremost is knowing how to fly your machine!! Just like airplanes and cars, anybody can grab the controls or get behind the wheel but knowing what your doing is optional!! Buying the best machine in the world does not guarantee Treasure ... but it sure does help. I started out with a Fisher CZ-20 mainly because I knew I wanted the ability to hit land and water, basically an 'All Weather' machine.
Where is your area of operation going to be? Are you a weekend warrior or the next Mel Fisher??
I could go on all day, point being is your either in the game or your not and trust me, equipment does matter!
#Research - Yup .. I'll say it again -Research, you can't go metal detecting without it!
If you have a spot in mind and you haven't found an old map online or at the library, you need too.
Old Newspaper's and magazines are also a wealth of information. Just like the maps posted above, you should be able to have enough information on a potential treasure site to make an archeologist blush ..

No comments:

Post a Comment