Pages

Dec 12, 2009

My New MineLab Excalibur II

 My brand new MineLab, Excalibur II arrived today and to say that I'm thrilled would be an understatement! This is only my third machine, my first was a Fisher CZ-20 soon followed by a CZ-6 for a back up. I still have both Fisher's after sixteen years , and out side of a few minor problems, they have done a far better job at finding treasure then I ever expected ! The fun I've had with those two machines far exceeds the price of admission.
What I really want to mention is the 'buying' experience. I purchased the two Fishers through Kellyco and as far as I remember their wasn't a single problem and I would definitely buy through Kellyco again.
This time was a little different, I had not really planned on buying another machine. I was cruising ebay one night and started searching 'metal detectors', lets just say that the MineLab Excalibur II was a total 'impulse' buy and my first big ticket item off ebay. I had wanted a MineLab for years and had known of a couple of old metal detecting pro's from upstate N.Y. who swore by them, from that point on I was silently second guessing my CZ-20 and waiting for the day that I had a little extra cash to make my move.
Anyway, I noticed a couple of different sellers on ebay who had MineLab's and chose Windy City Detectors because of the 'extras' package that they advertised ... I crossed my fingers and hit the 'buy it now' button. Not long after I received an email from Ron Shore the owner of Windy City Detector Sales stating that all was good and my Minelab would be out the door the next day. Less then one week later I had my New MineLab Excalibur II in my hot little hands and so far I have yet too take it out and get her dirty, I've charged the battery but other than that  I'm waiting for my Treasure hunting partner 'Treasure Dave' to get down to Florida from N.Y. so we can go hit a few spots that I've been researching.
 I will keep everyone informed as to how the Excalibur II performs in the ocean and sand's of Florida so keep a look-out for my next posting and I might put up a You Tube video as well?
As for the buying experience .. so far it's been Excellent!! Windy City Detectors and MineLab have far surpassed my expectations, from all the little extras to just the way the machine came packed in the box! I can't wait to turn it on!

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested to hear what you think of the Excallibur II. I have been a Fisher man my whole career but got the chance to try out an Excall a few weeks ago on the beach and loved it. It could pick up small gold that I couldn't hear with my CZ. Granted it had a small coil and my CZ had a large one, but who knows? Don't forget a follow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beau, I hope I can get out and try it this week! We always get busy this time of year but I'm hoping to try it out in the Bahamas in a few days .. believe it or not , I'm afraid to put it in the ocean!! I don't want to get her wet!
    All I know is that the 'Old Pro's' I talked about were scoring far more gold than I was back in the day with my CZ ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be afraid Dan...Just Do It! Find lots of gold and post it up :-)

    ReplyDelete